Saturday, January 7, 2012

House Of Lies IS The TRUTH! A Raymond Tyler Review





House Of Lies….IS THE TRUTH

Raymond Tyler Reviews Show Time’s House of Lies which premieres officially tomorrow. However, you can see the whole (edited) version right here on The Music And Entertainment Report!

Recently I discussed on my radio show The Connection cable’s best TV shows of 2011. I have a strong premonition that topping my list of 2012 will be House Of Lies featuring Don Cheadle.

Cheadle excels as Marty Kaan, a kind of image consultant damage control guy. While exactly what Kaan does is never really explained, they show you what Kaan does instead.

House of Lies as a show that is a great breath of fresh air. It takes me back to Entourage. Entourage reminded me of the fun of my twenties. House of Lies is for people who love their high stress, high paid and rewarding grown up lives, or if you just want to experience Kaan’s.

The supporting cast also shines and it is always great to see Glyn Turman doing meaningful work. Come to think of it from A Raisin In The Sun To Cooley High, to A Different World, To The Wire and In Treatment when hasn’t Mr. Turman done meaningful acting.

The dynamic in House Of Lies between Marty, his ex wife and his son who cross dresses, is breath taking and thank God that Show Time landed Cheadle because he is one of the few actors of his generation that actually has a “subtle” button on their acting skills.

I will not tell you any more about The House Of Lies because you can see the full episode right here.

One more thing on Entourage though, I do get the feeling that Showtime with House Of Lies kind of beat HBO to the punch. Entourage ended with the feeling that Ari Gold was getting back into Hollywood. Well Ari Gold is back on TV….only this time he’s black and his name is Marty Kaan. The good news is there is room for two at least on my tv. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive