Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sex In The City Prequel on The CW

Before Sex By Raymond Tyler

HBO over the years has been brilliant. Yeah HBO is the network that has tried to recently get people to watch LUCK over a very fresh House Of Lies on Show Time. However, over the years HBO has hit way more than they missed.

One of the first hit original series that I was surprised to like was SEX IN THE CITY.

No Lie. If you would have told me I would enjoy a show about four white women, approaching middle age and talking men and shoes in NYC? I would have answer "EEEEWW. Seriously? So Gross!"

However, the writing, acting and direction was always fresh and really exciting.

So you would think I would be ready for the upcoming prequel on the CW about an 18 year old Carrie Bradshaw played by Anna Sophia Robb? Not so much. Not yet.

I still have not seen the SITC movies. I felt when that series ended it should have ended. I personally have moved on. 

I also am not excited about the fact it will air on THE CW. Unless they are getting the writers from the original SITC or Smallville, I have no faith in them being able to make this series fresh at all.

The Carrie Diaries will be coming to the CW soon.
_________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive