Sunday, July 15, 2012

DJ Jazzy Jeff is Stopping By The Music And Entertainment Report! TONIGHT!

 JAZZY JEFF...DJ HERO
Words By Raymond Tyler



DJ Jazzy Jeff will be
 ROCKING THE HOUSE at Caesar's Atlantic City on Tuesday July 17th at Dusk!
Before hand he will be on The Music and Entertainment Report with Raymond Tyler on Monday!
I have loved hip hop for more than 3 decades. I have seen the art form trend from party music to some of the most important music to sometimes being a mess.
Having seen and enjoyed hip hop through many fun times till now, I can say with out a doubt that
DJ Jazzy Jeff is one of the most important people to the culture.

It would be easy to back up my last statement with a list of awards, TV appreances, and other honors.

However, what makes Jeff important in my mind is that he creates music that stands up there on the same level as Public Enemy or any other artist.

What makes Jeff legendary is that from the time I heard The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff and A Touch Of Jazz in 1984-85 there has never been a time that I didn't play his music and have it on record, tape, mix tape, CD and MP3.
Most artists are lucky to have one single where everybody remembers where they were when they first heard it...Jeff has been a part of several (and counting.)
He is one of a select group of artists who blew my mind in the 1980's and came back (The Return Of The Magnificent CD) and blew my mind again in the 2000's.

You Might Say "Ray you are jocking Jeff."
Well if we can agree, there's no shame in being the best?
I would say "I have no shame cause Jeff is the number one DJ in my book" And it's a long way to number two ( I think the man I have as number two might even agree.)


He's THEE DJ....Here Is A Short List of Why I Been Rolling With DJ JAZZY JEFF since 1984.

In 1984...I thought The Adventures of Grand Master Flash On The Wheels Of Steel would be the most amazing DJ driven record I would ever hear. Then I heard The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff complete with the sick rhymes by Fresh Prince and sicker production and scratches by Jeff.
(It's just an amazing interactiong of a fresh MC and a DJ with super powers. You have to hear it for yourself.)

I have about five great copies of Jeff's first LP Rock The House on vinyl. Two of them are still factory sealed.

As a DJ myself I LEARN and figure out stuff everytime I hear Jeff spin. The craziest thing about it is that I can pick up things just by listening. I feel bad when I watch him spin I feel like I'm cheating.
It's hard to explain to people who don't spin. I will try.
First my hands cannot do what Jeff's does (unless you are a brain surgeon yours most likely don't either.) However, when I hear Jeff play a set, he helps me make a mental picture of me playing my set and some of the things I can do with my own music. (One day I am just going to take a note book and write stuff down.)

In my opinion Jeff is still the number one DJ in the universe and he has the very first DJ Battle for World Supremacy Title ever given to back that up.

DJ Jazzy Jeff produced three of the best hip hop recordings ever. The LP's ROCK THE HOUSE, HE'S THE DJ I'M THE RAPPER and THE RETURN OF THE MAGNIFICENT are each different and incredible. They should be mandatory listening for everybody.

I ain't finished but I could go on all day.

Tune in to The MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT REPORT on Monday from 6pm to 7:30pm
CHECK OUT JAZZY JEFF AT DUSK ON TUESDAY , JULY 17th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive