Saturday, October 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to Ruby Dee

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Ruby Dee!
She and her late husband Ossie Davis are two of the reasons why I hold my head up as an artist today.

I have said no to many, many, many ideas and "opportunities" that come my way because I value my integrity over a dollar. That is because of the example set and maintained by Ruby Dee.

There are other people who are millionaires and even one billionaire whom will be remembered as clowns because they built their wealth by making a joke of people of color.

I could go on.

All I need to say, is thanks Ms. Dee. and may God bless you with many more joyous days and may we continue to learn at your feet. Through the magic that is film, you will continue to teach generations to come.
______________________________________
Advertisement
______________________________________
ADVERTISEMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive