Thursday, January 19, 2012

EDITORIAL: Marty Small The Movie or Hating is Not Helping.

Like him or not. Like his parties or not. Like his politics or not.
Marty Small is NOT the problem with Atlantic City.
Further more if you think he is? You may be part of the REAL problem.
I belong to several closed groups on Facebook and they all claim to be groups for progressive thinkers. Sometimes what I find are people who mean well but don't read quite enough and their minds have not quite expanded beyond the last pew of their church or a logic that Mike Brady would believe to be a little over simplified.

I saw a post that went into why one person did not care for a short film called Marty Small The Movie.
In his comments the person alluded to the fact there have been about 4 murders in AC since the new year started and somehow tried to place some responsibility on Marty Small.

FAIL!

As some one who works in the media and considers himself an intellectual "I ain't mad" at Marty Small or his Ball or his movie.
Marty Small The Movie is a short film, meant to promote his Small Ball.

Although I am not getting a taste, I am glad that (most likely I don't know for sure) black camera men, a black director/writer/film maker, black actors got an opportunity to practice their crafts and GET SOME MONEY.
 

THIS IS WHAT I KNOW!

When ROC was on the TV and FRANK'S PLACE I begged Black people to watch....Black People wanted Martin Lawrence in a dress....
That is your right.
However, it would CRAZY for me to blame Martin and Sha Nay Nay for not stopping the spread of AIDS in the 1990's.

I KNOW as a PRODUCER of the only Black Owned local show on WHITE OWNED 96.1 FM WTTH......BLACK BUSINESS OWNERS who I have helped tell me all the time... WHY THEY HAVE TO SPEND THEIR MONEY WITH THE WHITE MAN over me.....(which is a business move...if I was gonna cry about that then I'm too soft for this)

My point is...if you don't like Marty Small The Movie Don't Watch...
If you don't like the Marty Small Ball ...Don't Go
If You Think Something Should Be Done About The Violence in AC?
You can always advertise with me (because FRANKLY I am doing something about it not complaining about it)


If you don't want to advertise with me? And you still want to do something top Stop The Violence, To Create Jobs, To invest In Education? Do something.
The Marty Small Ball Is NOT...killing nobody

Complaining about the Ball Is Not HELPING any body.
 

What's Your Opinion? We'd Like To Know.

Editorial Note: Marty Small does not and has not ever advertised on my show. I have attended his  Small Ball Event's as a member of the media. I have not seen Marty Small The Movie.






1 comment:

Blog Archive