Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Life Is Good For Nas...

Back Talk....Nas Life Is Good


I have been down with Nas since HALF TIME.
Most of his songs I would say should be played on cassette so that you have to physically REWIND the tape.

I have not however reviewed by copy of LIFE IS GOOD.
I do however have friends on FACEBOOK who recognize real hip hop.

For the most part they are feeling Life Is Good.
If I had gone through the divorce court abusing that Nas just went through, I might have called my CD
LIFE IS HELL WITH THE WRONG WOMAN AND MY DUMB BUTT THOUGHT IT WAS LOVE!

I digress however.

Words by Raymond Tyler




Here's What My Facebook Don's Said About LIFE IS GOOD and NASTY NAS!
BILLY JEAN-I think this cd is epic...one thing i love about Nas is that he is a story teller and he wears his heart on his sleeve...can't get any realer than that. I feel the subject matter on each song and i really can connect...I give is 5 mics

NIKASHA-I think this CD should get a grammy nod. It's been a long time since I could listen to a HIP HOP CD straight through. Not really feeling the swizz beats track but that's due to the swizz beats "sound"

ANTONIO-Its great to hear a CD that is just good hiphop...it gives you the feeling of music from 1993 -2000's but still fresh enough to be new.

ILLOGIK-The album sounds like NAS when you first started hearing him. Timeless music-nd GOOD HIP-HOP!
DJ SINCERE-One of, if not the hottest CD this year! Real Hip-Hop is over here!!!!! Need I say more!!!!

Naila-From what I've heard, I love the growth in subject matter, but the flow is wack! Which really hurts my soul. It's like he's trying to compete with these youngsters....he's NAS and should know that he's above all that...
SHYSTE-I been listening to this cd since Tuesday its that good listen all the way through over and over.My only complaint is the songs seem out of order.The CD gets mellow allowing Nas to set a mood with great production, guest singers and his dope story telling conceptual rhymes that use great imagry,then out of no where comes songs like THE DON or SUMMER ON SMASH to interupt the mood. Maybe his best work since his classicSTILLMATIC. A more mature Nas who made the hip hop classic ILLMATTIC.

SHIREEN-I was pleasantly surprised with Life is Good. I hadn't liked a Nas CD since Stillmatic but his flow, the storytelling reminded me again of why I dug Nas in the first place! And yes

, I wasn't feeling the Swizz track either.
HERB-Nas is the measuring tape of all Emcees!!!


________________________________________________________________________
ADVERTISEMENT
Where The Music and Business Meet!

_____________________________________________

Advertisement


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive