Friday, November 30, 2012

Thriller Turns 30 Today! What's Your Favorite Song from The LP?

                                 
Today the long play album Thriller turns the ripe old age of 30.

Total sales have gone over 110 million, which is about how many times I have played it.

So I have already written about how Thriller changed the business.I have already written about how I have personally benefited from Thriller's success.

I have not written about many of the changes in music since Thriller like the fact that there were cassette tapes, CD's had barely been on the market at all and I am personally responsible for about 5 of the vinyl record sales of the 110 Million over the years (just trying to help a man.)

I have also never written about my favorite song from the LP.

As a kid back at AC High my song was Wanna Be Starting Something. I felt it in my soul as Don't Stop Til You Get Enough part two.Today I would say my favorite song is Billie Jean...because of how crazy it was for that song to come out in 1982.Because it was crazy for MJ to be singing about a paternity suit.

And yes because that single changed the game in a major way.And I still love to play it, dance to it and remix it.
                                       ________________________________________
ADVERTISEMENT

                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive